Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Painting





















Yesterday I was able to spend about 12 hours in my studio - researching and sketching mural concepts and samples, painting, ordering art supplies... it was great to be able to get in the creative groove and stay there all day... I haven't done that in a LONG time. And the best part is I actually started and finished a painting that I really like. It was great too because I took photos of my model on Friday and was able to quickly follow through on my ideas. What was cool also was my husband spent the day painting a motorcycle which he did a great job on. - I'll post pics of that later..

For this painting - which I haven't titled yet. I took pictures of the process from how I start, a couple of photos along the way and then a finished product (top picture). That way you can see how the painting evolves as it goes along. I was so excited after my day of fun that I'm ready to roll on more ideas...the only problem is I'm out of canvas... now I just have to wait my canvas materials to arrive at my doorstep : ( not that I'll have another day to spend that long painting anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Amazing that you did that in one day! Glad it was a fun, productive day for you. Who was your model?

    ReplyDelete