Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pillow from Recycled Clothes


This is the pillow I just finished. It took me way longer than it should have, the material creeped and crawled like crazy. I made it from 2 different dresses (one is a hand me down from a friend that I cut the top off of and made into a shirt, the other from another hand me down that wasn't made correctly - I tried to take it apart and put it back together but with no luck thus it became part of my fabric box), a ribbon from a gift, a random button, and the blue and black detail is part of a scrap piece from a weaving I did in college over 7 years ago. I don't throw anything away because, hey.. I might can use it for something. The pillow case has a white insert with a 95% polyester 5% Silk filling and the overall size is roughly 10" x 13".

No comments:

Post a Comment