Monday, March 15, 2010

We All want Something Beautiful, Piano & Failed Angel Food Cake



I actually had a great weekend! It was a much needed relaxation and break from my extremely stressful week at work. I painted Friday night, went to the gym Saturday and ran for a record (for me) amount of time without stopping - although as I type this I am icing my foot -( it must be better for tomorrows workout! ) but it was worth it - if only i could take that awful president's physical fitness test now (bad elementary school memories). Anyway..I digress.....

I also got out the keyboard and played a little piano which I haven't done in I know over a year.. Don't get me wrong - I'm not any good.. I just like to get it out and stumble around every now and then to not forgot what little I do know and be awed how other people can play so well



I painted the rest of the day Saturday. Sunday I had my mom over for a birthday lunch. I wanted to make a homemade angel food cake... you know to be healthy as I could for dessert... but it was not to be. I knew it wasn't going to work before I baked it because I couldn't get "stiff peaks" to form but I figured I'd just see how it turned out. Pretty much it was what I imagine it would be like to tear a piece of my rubber mattress off and eat it... oh and it was sticky and heavy. You can see how pathetic it looked in the pictures above... However, I WAS successful in covering myself and my kitchen (both previously cleaned) in hundreds of sticky eggwhite dots and confectioners sugar. Needless to say, I sent my husband to the store after church for ingredients for dessert option #2...Chocolate Delight! Had a good visit with family the rest of the afternoon. Today was a busy Monday and am thankful for the past weekend.



Above is a snapshot of the painting I worked on... It is called "We all want something Beautiful". A little different from what I normally do but it was fun. I already have some ideas for my next painting though. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can start that. Happy week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment