Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Self-Inflicted



This past weekend was our local Meet the Artist reception for the local art guild. We had a decent turnout and I bought I beautiful little painting from another artist... I just need to find the perfect spot for it. I really, really wanted a vase by one of the potters but couldn't decided if I could spend that much and then it was sold by the end of the day so it wasn't meant to be.... but I showed this painting, Self Inflicted, for the first time. For this latest one, I kept in the figurative subject matter and had fun using the palette knife. However, I think I'm going to take a break from the more serious or thoughtful subject matter and just try to get back to have fun and doing random painting. It's easy to feel like you have to create some thought provoking master piece every time you paint, especially when you don't get to do it that often you want to make the time count.. It just gets stressful and causes pressure .. so off to just trying to enjoy painting for paintings sake! Hopefully I'll be painting a mural soon and I have a car painting in mind... and a sunset painting... we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment