Friday, January 13, 2012

Sinking In A NightDream

This is a very special painting, one I created from a dream I had - probably about 9 years ago! I painted it back then but it just didn't turn out well at all... (so that version is cozily buried under 3 other paintings - the top layer being a non-objective palette knife artwork that currently hangs on my bedroom wall) but a few months ago I started thinking about it again and wanted to give it another try. So I enlisted the help of a willing friend to model for me and armed myself with an underwater camera.... and this was the result... I still had my struggles to feel like I had adequately pulled off what I wanted to accomplish and still wonder if I should have pushed it a little more but overall I really, really like it and glad to have the idea resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment